There are many issues to consider when creating an Estate Plan. Among other things, ask yourself the following questions:
- What are my assets and what is their approximate value?
- Whom do I want to receive those assets—and when?
- Who should manage those assets if I cannot—either during my lifetime or after my death?
- Who should be responsible for taking care of my minor children, if I become unable to care for them myself
- Who should make decisions on my behalf concerning my care and welfare, if I become unable to care for myself?
- What do I want done with my remains after I die, and where would I want them buried, scattered or otherwise laid to rest?