Estate Planning for Same-Sex Families
Estate Planning for same-sex families can be difficult to navigate, especially with regard to inheritance, tax and employment benefit issues. For this reason, estate planning for same- sex families requires an innovative and experienced attorney who can put a comprehensive plan in place.
The Benefits of Estate Planning for Same-Sex Families Include:
- Avoid the costs, delays, and publicity associated with probate, while providing for your partner and loved ones upon your death
- Enjoy complete, lifetime asset control and advanced tax planning
- Enable one partner to name the other for many purposes such as funeral arrangements, hospital visitation, and possession of personal property
- Plan for incapacity with a Durable Power of Attorney and an Advance Health Care Directive
- Provide for your children with a Child Protection Plan and, in situations where only one parent is legally recognized, protect the other parent’s rights should the legally recognized parent die or become incapacitated