Succession & Exit Planning
“Begin with the end in mind,” says Stephen Covey in his book The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. Those who have created a successful business know that it does not happen without planning, hard work, sacrifice, and a little luck. Yet most people have no exit plan for leaving their business.
Business succession planning helps owners set, sort through, and achieve their exit objectives. It enables owners to leave their companies when they want, to the successors they want, and with the amount of cash they need, while minimizing the risk of loss and taxes. The most common and simplest approach involves a Buy-Sell Agreement, but other strategies are also used.
Our Planning Involves:
- Discussion of retirement goals and what it will take to reach them.
- Determination of your business is worth.
- Maximization of your income stream generated by your ownership interest.
- Analysis of tax minimization for the sale of your business.
- Techniques to transfer your business to family members, co-owners, or employees, while paying the least possible taxes and enjoying maximum financial security.
- Continuity plan for your business if the unexpected happens to you.
Without exception, every owner leaves his or her company, either voluntarily or involuntarily. Those who engage in thoughtful planning are more likely to complete a successful transition.